The Altivar 212 is a variable speed drive for 3-phase asynchronous motors from 0.75 kW to 75 kW. It is specifically intended for the most commonly encountered fluid management applications in tertiary sectorbuildings (HVAC): heating, ventilation, air conditioning and pumping.Due to its eco-energy based design, energy savings of up to 70% can be achieved compared to a traditional control system.
- Altivar 212 covers motor powers between 0.75 kW and 75 kW on the following supplies:
•200…240V 3-phase, from 0.75 kW to 30 kW, IP 21
•380…480V 3-phase, from 0.75 kW to 75 kW, IP 21
•380…480V 3-phase, from 0.75 kW to 75 kW, UL Type 12/IP 55
- Speed range: 1:50
- Transient overtorque: 110% – 60 s.
- Integrated EMC filters, categories C1 to C3 depending on model
- Communication bus most commonly used on the market integrated: Modbus, METASYS N2®, APOGEE FLN P1® and BACnet®. Optional: LonWorks
- Complies to international standards and certifications: UL, CSA, C-Tick and NOM
- Antiharmonic technology enables a THDI < 30% to be achieved
Centred on Centralised Technical Management
- Instant viewing of the energy consumption.
- Detection of failures for quick intervention: belt breakage, pump running dry, phase failure, supply fault, etc.
- Preventative maintenance for reducing costs and optimising the equipment: fault alert, operating time, etc.
- Connection to building supervision network using embedded protocols.
Centred on user-friendliness
- Tools for installing, parametering and viewing the installation (remote graphic terminal in 6 languages, Multi-Loader, Bluetooth and SoMove Mobile).
- Compact size.
- Simple maintenance.
Centred on protection
- Continuity of service assured.
- Dedicated “Building” series functions (fire mode, register monitoring, mechanical protection function, etc.
- Integrated EMC filter, antiharmonic technology (THDI ˜ 30%).
- Less noise pollution (airdraulic noise, motor noise, etc.).
- Detection of transmission component breakage.
- Smoke extraction: forced start with fault inhibition.
- Automatic restart.
- Allows register management.
Heating and Air conditioning:
- Optimise control in fluid processing.
- Use of PID controller (temperature, flow rate, pressure, etc.).
- Adjustable flow rates for better energy management.
- Suppression of mechanical resonance.
- Detection of underload/overload, pump running dry.
- Multi-motor configuration.
- Limitation of operating time at low speed.
- Sleep/Wake function.
- Pressure surge suppression for prolonging the life of the installation.